Social Security Disability LawyersHelping Clients in Spring Hill Obtain SSD and SSI Benefits
The Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs were established to provide benefits to disabled individuals in the U.S. These programs, which are administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) are supposed to help disabled individuals who are no longer able to support themselves. But unfortunately, many disabled applicants struggle to get approved for the benefits they so desperately need.
If you are disabled, let the attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart &Hayslett lead the fight for the SSD or SSI benefits you deserve. We have helped clients in Spring Hill obtain disability benefits since 1971. Now, let us put our legal resources, experience, and knowledge to work for you.
How Long Will It Take to Obtain Social Security Disability Benefits?
If you are applying for disability benefits, it’s important to understand how long it may take to get approved. It should only take between three to six months to get a decision after submitting your initial application for disability benefits. However, about two-thirds of initial applications are denied.
If your application is denied, you can choose to appeal the SSA’s decision. There are several steps in the appeals process, and the time that it takes to get through the entire process can vary on a case-by-case basis. But in general, the process of appealing a denial can take well over a year.
Why Was My Claim For Social Security Disability Benefits Denied?
Finding out that your claim for disability benefits has been denied can be frustrating and disheartening. But this is a sad reality that many applicants will have to face. The SSA may deny your claim for a number of different reasons, including:
- Your monthly income is too high.
- You have not earned enough work credits to qualify for SSD benefits.
- Your disability will not result in death or last longer than 12 months.
- Your disability is not severe enough to prevent you from working.
- You did not submit enough medical evidence to prove that you are disabled.
- You refused to cooperate when the SSA requested additional information.
- You did not follow your doctor’s orders regarding how to treat your disability.
These are some of the many reasons why disability claims are denied.
How Can I Appeal A Denied Claim For Disability Benefits?
If your claim has been denied, you have the right to appeal the SSA’s decision. There are several steps in the appeals process, including:
- Reconsideration: Your application will be reviewed by another disability examinations officer during this stage. Most appeals are denied during the reconsideration review.
- Hearing: You will be given an opportunity to introduce evidence, call witnesses, and present your case to an administrative law judge.
- Appeals Council: If the judge denies your appeal, you can ask the Appeals Council to review your case.
- Federal Court: If the Appeals Council does not rule in your favor—or chooses not to review your case—you can take your claim to federal court.
There are no guarantees in an SSD case, but the best way to increase your chances of obtaining benefits is by hiring our experienced social security attorneys.
When Should I Seek Legal Representation From A SSD Attorney?
Our attorneys can assist with every step in the process of obtaining disability benefits, beginning with the initial application. We will help you complete your application, gather medical records, and submit a strong claim that clearly shows that you qualify for benefits.
Although we can help with the initial application, many clients choose to wait until they are denied to hire us. If you have been denied, it’s important to hire an attorney if you have not already done so. The appeals process is complicated. You will need to present a strong argument—both in writing and orally—that is supported by medical records and other types of evidence. Our attorneys know how to build and present a clear and convincing case that helps you win your appeal and obtain the disability benefits you deserve.
We have helped countless clients fight the SSA’s decision to deny their claims. Now, let us help you reach a favorable outcome in your case.
Contact Our Disability Benefits Attorneys in Spring Hill to Book Your Free Consultation
If you need help applying for disability benefits—or if your claim has already been denied—contact our attorneys right away. Our attorneys are committed to helping you obtain the disability benefits you need and deserve. Let us make the process of obtaining benefits as simple and stress-free as possible for you. To schedule a free consultation regarding your case, call our law firm at 352-597-2464 or fill out the form on this website.