Florida has a tragically high nursing home misconduct, malpractice, and negligence rate. Many elderly residents in Florida’s long-term care homes and nursing homes have suffered neglect or witnessed another resident suffer abuse.
Suing for Nursing Home Negligence in Florida
Negligence occurs when a nursing home staff fails to provide reasonable care to residents. These usually happen because of the following:
- Overworked staff
- Insufficient supervision of staff
- Poorly trained, under-qualified, or inexperienced staff
- Residents isolated by staff members
- Residents who isolate themselves
- Residents that are afraid or incapable of reporting neglect
Florida law requires nursing home malpractice claims to be filed within two years. You should immediately consult with a qualified nursing home negligence attorney, or you may lose your right to claim benefits.