Ultimately, our role as criminal defense attorneys in Florida is to ensure that our clients facing criminal charges receive a fair trial and the best possible outcome. Our primary goal is to defend our clients and help them navigate the criminal justice system while protecting their rights, investigating the case, and building a strong defense strategy.
A criminal conviction can result in imprisonment, significant fines, loss of reputation, and other life-altering consequences, whether you are:
- Issued a Notice to Appear
- Issued a law enforcement citation
- Placed under arrest
- Facing a criminal indictment
- Expecting to serve time in a federal prison or county jail
- Subject to a criminal investigation, be prepared to protect your legal rights quickly.
You may only have a short window to fight your criminal charges successfully. The course of your criminal case and your rights will depend on your actions and your criminal defense attorney. The seasoned criminal defense attorneys at Carlson Meissner & Hayslett will work hard to have your charges dismissed or reduced. Our Florida criminal defense lawyers believe everyone deserves the best legal representation to protect their rights.
Types of Criminal Cases We Can Help You With
The criminal defense attorneys at Carlson Meissner & Hayslett have helped clients in a wide range of case types, including:
If you have been arrested or are facing arrest, our attorneys at Carlson Meissner & Hayslett will evaluate the facts of your case and build a robust defense strategy to get your charges dropped or reduced. Do not accept the charges against you without putting up a fight!
Be Proactive and Protect Your Rights
When you are charged with a crime, do not let the Public Defender’s Office, State Attorney’s Office, or the Court system dictate your future. You have the right to obtain legal counsel at any stage. You need to know your rights and legal options. There are devastating potential consequences to criminal offenses in Florida, such as:
- Mandatory jail time
- Mandatory probation
- Permanent criminal record
- Suspension of driving privilege
The skillful Tampa criminal defense lawyers at Carlson Meissner & Hayslett can mount a powerful defense to protect your freedom. Our deep understanding of the criminal code and legal processes, vast resources, and years of courtroom experience allows us to obtain the most favorable outcomes possible for our clients.
Role of a Florida Criminal Defense Attorney
The primary responsibility and function of a criminal defense attorney in Florida are to represent the criminally accused person passionately. With that said, there are several essential aspects to this role:
- You need an attorney that counsels you and guides you toward taking all necessary and reasonable steps that you can use in your defense
- The attorney should gather individual facts, review police reports, interview witnesses, subpoena documents, and research statutes and precedents
- Your criminal defense attorney must have substantial experience examining witnesses at hearings, trials, and depositions
- They should be capable enough to prepare compelling arguments
The role of a defense attorney doesn’t just end here. In some cases, they may also request the court to consider new interpretations of existing statutes and laws to support their client’s interests.
When Should You Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney?
You should retain the services of a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible after getting charged with a crime or becoming the subject of a criminal investigation. Having an attorney on board right from the beginning will help you ensure a strong defense. Your attorney will guide you every step of the process and prevent you from inadvertently saying something that incriminates you.