You may face severe penalties if convicted of drug crimes in Florida. Whether the criminal charge involves possessing, selling, or distributing marijuana, heroin, meth, cocaine, and other drugs, it can significantly impact your future unless you have a powerful defense team to fight for your rights.
Types of Drug Crimes in Florida
Depending on the drug crime you are accused of, the penalty can be classified as felony or misdemeanor, with varying degrees of severity. These are a few common drug crimes in Florida:
- Delivering a controlled substance
- Falsely prescribing a controlled substance
- Possessing a controlled substance
- Manufacturing a controlled substance
- Selling a controlled substance
- Falsely obtaining a controlled substance
- Trafficking a controlled substance
Other drug crimes are categorized based on where they occur. For instance, stricter penalties exist for crimes near childcare facilities or schools. Hefty fines and steep prison sentences are common in drug crime convictions.