Domestic violence incidents sometimes turn physical, and the consequences can last a lifetime.
Who is a Family Member Under Florida Law?
Florida law defines a family or household member regarding domestic abuse in the following ways:
- Spouse or ex-spouse
- Parent, whether adoptive, biological, or legal guardian
- Children, including step-children
- Siblings, whether natural, adopted, or biological
- Co-habitants living together as a married couple without being legally married
- Other family members, such as cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, grandparents, and in-laws