Clearwater Car Accident Lawyers With Decades of Experience Securing Compensation For the Injured
People are injured in car accidents caused by negligent drivers every day in the United States. These accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, but the injuries that victims sustain can affect them for the rest of their lives. Don’t deal with the consequences of a car accident alone—turn to the attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett for help.
Since 1971, our car accident lawyers have won over $115 million in compensation for the injured. Our record speaks for itself—our team fights hard to ensure our clients are fully compensated. If you’ve been injured in a car crash, let us help you secure the compensation you deserve. Call 727-443-1562 to schedule a free consultation today.
What Types of Damages Can You Recover For Car Accident Injuries?
Being involved in a car accident can affect you physically, mentally, and financially. Fortunately, the law allows you to seek compensation for the damages you have suffered as a result of your car accident injuries.
Each case is unique, but in general, there are several types of compensation that may be awarded to car accident victims, including:
- Special damages: These damages will cover a victim’s monetary losses and expenses related to their injuries, such as medical bills, lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, and more.
- General damages: These damages will cover a victim’s non-monetary losses, such as mental and physical pain and suffering caused by their car accident injuries.
- Punitive damages: These damages are not awarded to compensate the victim for specific losses, but rather to punish the defendant for their intentional misconduct or gross negligence that led to the accident. Punitive damages are not awarded in every car accident case.
The amount and type of compensation you are awarded will depend on the details of your case. Talk to our auto accident lawyers to learn more about the value of your claim.
Can You Recover Compensation If You Were At Fault For A Car Accident in Clearwater?
More than one party can be liable for a car accident. In fact, it’s possible that you could be partly to blame for the accident that caused your injuries. But don’t let this stop you from pursuing compensation for your injuries. Florida is a pure comparative negligence state, so car accident victims can still recover compensation even if they are partly liable for the crash.
How does it work? Say you were injured in an accident and suffered $100,000 in damages. It is determined that you were 20% at fault and the other driver was 80% at fault for the accident. Since you were 20% at fault, your compensation will be reduced by 20% to $80,000 to account for the role you played. You can still recover compensation, but you won’t be awarded the full amount since you were partially responsible.
When Should You Hire An Auto Accident Attorney in Clearwater?
It is in your best interest to hire a car accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a crash. Seeking legal representation right away ensures that our attorneys can gather evidence we need to prove liability before it disappears or is destroyed. It also ensures that we can inform you of your legal rights before you make the mistake of talking to the insurance company on your own. If you hire our team, we will communicate directly with the insurance company on your behalf. We know that insurance companies will look for any opportunity to get out of paying you what you deserve, and we won’t let them get away with it.
Every minute matters in a car accident case. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, do not hesitate to contact Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett right away.
Schedule A No-Cost Initial Consultation With Our Auto Accident Lawyers in Clearwater
Have you been in a car accident in Clearwater? If you’ve suffered injuries, now is the time to contact the auto accident attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett. Our team of car accident lawyers has over 125 years of combined legal experience. Thanks to our extensive experience, we are equipped with the resources, skills, and knowledge to win compensation for our clients in the most complex car accident cases.
Let us fight for the compensation you need and deserve after a car crash. To schedule a free consultation regarding your case, call 727-443-1562 or fill out the form on this website.