Clearwater Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Aggressively Pursuing Benefits For Injured Workers
Florida law requires most employers to carry workers’ compensation coverage for their employees. If you are injured at work, you should be compensated under your employer’s insurance coverage. But unfortunately, many people struggle to obtain the workers’ compensation benefits they are entitled to by law. That’s where our attorneys can help.
The workers’ compensation attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett will aggressively pursue benefits on your behalf. Let us go head-to-head with your employer’s insurance company to ensure you are fully compensated for your workplace injuries.
What Workers’ Compensation Benefits Will I Receive After A Workplace Injury?
The workers’ compensation system in Florida provides several different types of benefits to injured workers, including:
- Medical care: The workers’ compensation system covers all medical expenses incurred while treating your work-related injuries. This includes expenses related to doctor visits, medication, special equipment, prosthetics, physical therapy, hospital stays, and more.
- Wage replacement benefits: An injury may affect your ability to perform your job duties. If you are unable to perform your pre-injury job duties or unable to work at all, you are entitled to wage replacement benefits. These benefits are awarded to victims to help them make up for the income they are losing due to their injuries.
- Death benefits: If your loved one suffers a fatal work-related injury, you may be entitled to death benefits through the workers’ compensation system. These benefits compensate surviving family member funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and more.
The amount of benefits you are awarded—and the length of time you will continue to receive benefits—will vary on a case-by-case basis. If you have been injured at work, it’s best to discuss your case with an attorney to find out what type of benefits you are entitled to.
Why Was My Workers’ Compensation Claim Denied?
Many people assume that all they need to do to obtain workers’ compensation benefits is file a claim. But unfortunately, many workers’ compensation claims are wrongfully denied by insurance companies who don’t have your best interests in mind. Some of the most common reasons why workers’ compensation claims are denied include:
- The insurance company does not believe your injury is work-related.
- The insurance company believes your injury is a pre-existing condition.
- The insurance company believes you are exaggerating the severity of your injuries.
- The insurance company alleges that you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the accident.
Finding out that your claim was denied can be frustrating and discouraging, especially if you need to obtain benefits quickly in order to make ends meet while you recover. If your claim has been denied, it’s important to exercise your right to appeal the decision.
What Should I Do If My Workers’ Compensation Claim Was Denied?
Don’t let your employer’s insurance company get away with wrongfully denying your claim for workers’ compensation benefits. If your claim is denied, contact our workers’ comp attorneys right away to begin the process of appealing the decision.
The Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims (OJCC) appeals board will review your petition and notify your employer and their insurance company. The next step is typically mediation, where both parties will meet with a neutral third party, called a mediator, in an effort to reach a resolution. If mediation is not successful, a hearing will be scheduled before a judge.
You will not win a workers’ compensation appeal unless you can present a compelling case backed by legal research and evidence. That’s why it is in your best interest to have an attorney by your side during every step of the appeals process. We know how to analyze the facts, gather evidence, and build a strong case to prove that you should be awarded workers’ compensation benefits. We aren’t afraid of going up against insurance companies—in fact, we are passionate about helping injured workers win against these large corporations. Don’t. hesitate to contact our attorneys as soon as you find out your claim has been denied.
Call Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Clearwater to Schedule Your Free Consultation
If you have suffered an on-the-job injury, seek legal representation from our workers’ compensation attorneys right away. Since 1971, our team has been guiding injured workers through the workers’ compensation claim process. We have the legal experience, resources, and skills to help you resolve disputes with the insurance company and obtain the benefits you need and deserve. To schedule a free consultation regarding your case, call our law firm at 727-443-1562 or fill out the form on this website.