Clearwater DUI Defense Lawyers Fighting For Your Freedom
It’s never wise to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. If you make this mistake, you could face the consequences of this bad decision for the rest of your life. A DUI can affect your personal relationships, employment opportunities, and finances for years following the conviction. Don’t let a DUI disrupt your life—fight these charges with the help of the skilled criminal defense attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett.
The DUI defense attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett are committed to providing you with the strongest, most effective legal representation possible. Regardless of whether it is your first offense or your fourth, we are ready to aggressively fight the charges on your behalf. Discuss your legal options with our team by calling 727-443-1562 to schedule a free consultation today.
What Are the DUI Penalties For First-Time Offenders?
Don’t make the mistake of assuming that you won’t face serious penalties simply because you are a first-time DUI offender. In Florida, the penalties for DUI are always serious, even for first-time offenders.
If you are a first-time offender, you could face a wide range of penalties that may include:
- Fines between $500 to $1,000
- Imprisonment for up to six months
- Revocation of driving privileges for between six months to one year
These are some of the many penalties you can face if you are convicted of DUI for the first time in Clearwater.
What Are the DUI Penalties For Repeat Offenders?
The penalties are even more serious for people who have already been convicted of DUI one or more times in the past. If this is your second conviction, you may face penalties such as:
- Fines between $1000 to $2000
- Imprisonment for up to nine months. If this is your second conviction within five years, you will face mandatory imprisonment of at least 10 days.
- Revocation of driving privileges. If this is your second conviction within five years, you will lose your driving privileges for at least five years. However, if your prior conviction did not occur within the last five years, you will lose your driving privileges for six months to one year.
If you are convicted of DUI for the third time, the penalties may include:
- Fines between $2000 to $5000
- Imprisonment for up to one year. If the third conviction occurs within 10 years of the second conviction, you will face mandatory imprisonment of 30 days.
- Revocation of driving privileges. If the third conviction occurs within 10 years of the second conviction, you will lose your driving privileges for at least 10 years. If it does not occur within this 10-year period, you will lose your driving privileges for six months to one year.
If this is your fourth or subsequent offense, the penalties may include:
- At least $2000 in fines
- Up to five years in prison
- Permanent revocation of your driving privileges
There’s no doubt that these penalties can negatively impact your life, which is why it’s so important to fight your charges with the help of our attorneys.
How Can Our Clearwater Defense Attorneys Challenge DUI Test Results?
A DUI arrest does not always lead to a conviction—even if your chemical test results indicate that you are intoxicated. There are a number of different ways for our attorneys to challenge the reliability and accuracy of these chemical test results.
For example, we may be able to prove that the breathalyzer device used to determine whether or not you were intoxicated was not properly calibrated. Or, we could identify a mistake made in the administration or testing of your blood sample that affected the accuracy of your results. Our team will carefully analyze the details of your case to look for issues like these that can be used to weaken the state’s case against you.
Arrange Your Free Consultation With Our DUI Defense Law Firm in Clearwater
If you have been charged with DUI in Clearwater, you need to fight the charges in order to avoid the penalties of a conviction. Don’t face this fight alone—turn to the DUI defense lawyers at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett for help.
Since 1971, we have represented DUI defendants throughout the city of Clearwater. During this time, we have helped thousands of DUI defendants fight their charges, protect their rights, and defend their freedom. To schedule a free consultation regarding your case, call 727-443-1562 or fill out the form on this website.