Paul A. Meissner was born in New York and moved to Florida with his family as a child. He is a graduate of Clearwater High School. He co-founded the Carlson & Meissner law firm with Edward Carlson in 1971. Paul and his wife Jayne have five children & thirteen grandchildren. They enjoy boating and traveling. In the past, Paul and Jayne have traveled extensively by motorcycle.
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Avvo Rating – 10
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1968
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1978
- Colorado, 1996
- Florida Bar Board Certified, Criminal Law (1990 to present)
- Clearwater Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Former Member, Barney Masterson Inns of Court
- Past member Judicial Nominating Commission, Pinellas-Pasco Counties
- Past member/chairman State Circuit Bar Grievance Committee
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Stetson College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1972–2002
- Instructor, Criminal Justice Institute, St. Petersburg College, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1988–2003
- Instructor, Southeastern Public Safety Institute, St. Petersburg College, 1990–2000
- Former Special Agent, FBI
- Former Assistant State Attorney, 6th Circuit Florida
- Former Adjunct Professor, Stetson College of Law
- Former Certified Law Enforcement Instructor, SE Public Safety Institute, St. Petersburg, FL
Paul Meissner has written The Florida Law
Our Team is Your Team
You’re more than a client to us. Our accomplished team of defense attorneys provides superior legal representation while putting your interests first.
Edward D. Carlson
Paul A. Meissner, Jr.
Casey K. Carlson, Esq.
J. Kevin Hayslett, Esq.
Deborah S. Moss, Esq.
Terri F. Cromley, Esq.
Jennifer A. Burns, Esq.
Rick Rivera, Esq.
Antonio L. Viera, Esq.
Sarah Barkley Raaymakers
Betty Marion Whitman, Esq.
Matthew B. Wheeley
Daviana M. Garcia
Zachary D. Peck
Christopher G. Frey