Tampa DUI Lawyers Fighting to Protect the Rights of the Accused
Driving under the influence, or DUI, convictions can have significant and long-term consequences if handled improperly. At the law firm of Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett, our lawyers strive to provide the highest level of service and legal support to clients who are facing DUI charges in Tampa.
We understand the consequences of a DUI arrest and conviction, and we work tirelessly to help you retain your driving privileges, minimize penalties, and secure your freedom.
Regardless of whether you are a first-time or repeat DUI offender, our criminal defense attorneys are ready to help you protect your rights. If you have been charged with DUI in Tampa, schedule a free consultation with Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett by calling 813-223-2030 today.
What Are the Penalties For DUI in Tampa?
A DUI conviction in Tampa can lead to serious consequences, including hefty fines, mandatory community service, probation, and incarceration. If you’ve already been convicted of DUI, subsequent convictions may lead to enhanced penalties that negatively impact both your professional and personal life.
Some of the penalties for first and subsequent DUI convictions include:
- First offense: Fines between $500 to $1000 and imprisonment for up to six months
- Second offense:Fines between $1000 to $2000 and imprisonment for up to nine months with mandatory imprisonment of at least 10 days if the second conviction occurs within five years of the first conviction.
- Third offense: Fines between $2000 to $5000 and imprisonment for up to one year with a mandatory 30-day imprisonment if this conviction occurs within 10 years of a prior conviction.
- Fourth and subsequent offenses:At least $2000 in fines and up to five years in prison.
These are some of the many penalties you could face if you are convicted of DUI in the city of Tampa.
Will You Lose Your Driver’s License If You Are Convicted of DUI in Tampa?
DUI offenders can also face other penalties, including mandatory completion of community service, probation, and the loss of driving privileges.License suspension guidelines are as follows:
- First offense: 6 months to 1 year
- Second offense: Five years if the conviction occurs within five years of the first conviction. If the conviction occurs more than five years after the first conviction, the loss of driving privileges will range from 6 months to 1 year.
- Third offense: Ten years if the conviction occurs within ten years of the second conviction.If the conviction occurs more than 10 years after the second conviction, the loss of driving privileges will range from 6 months to 1 year.
- Fourth offense: If you are convicted of DUI for the fourth time, you will permanently lose your driving privileges, regardless of when the prior convictions occurred.
You need to aggressively fight your DUI charges in order to minimize or completely avoid these serious penalties. Let the experienced criminal defense attorneys stand in your corner and fight for you.
How Can Our DUI Attorneys Help You?
The attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett handle thousands of DUI cases in Tampa Bay each year. In each case, we work tirelessly to provide our clients with the strongest defense possible. Our attorneys work with an experienced investigator who coordinates and provides prompt, economical and thorough investigative services. Some of the factors our investigator will consider in your DUI case include:
- The legality of the stop
- If a field sobriety test was properly administered
- If the breathalyzer was properly maintained and calibrated
- If the proper protocol was followed when taking and storing a blood sample
- Other issues that could be relevant to the defense
We even have our own Intoxilyzer 5000 on-site that we use at trial to clearly demonstrate how the tests are administered and how the machines must be maintained in order to provide accurate blood alcohol readings.
We will always go above and beyond to help each and every client reach the best possible outcome in their case.
Schedule A No-Cost Consultation With Our DUI Lawyers in Tampa
If you have been accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, seek legal representation from the DUI lawyers at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett as soon as possible. With over 125 years of combined legal experience, our criminal defense attorneys know what it takes to win your case.
Don’t let the consequences of a DUI conviction completely disrupt your life—let us fight for your freedom and your future. To schedule a free consultation regarding your case, call 813-223-2030 or fill out the form on this website.