New Port Richey Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Committed to Helping the Injured Win Compensation
Motorcycles are lighter and less stable than other vehicles on the road. Plus, motorcyclists are not protected by seat belts, airbags, or other safety features. As a result, motorcyclists who are involved in accidents often suffer severe, life-threatening injuries. Even a minor “fender bender” could lead to tragedy.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to understand your right to compensation. The skilled motorcycle accident attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart &Hayslett have helped the injured secure over $115 million in compensation since 1971. We know what it takes to win—let us prove it to you. Callto schedule a free consultation with our team today.
What Are the Primary Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in New Port Richey?
The majority of accidents involving a motorcycle and another passenger vehicle occur as a result of the motorist’s negligence. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Failing to use turning signals
- Failing to stop at a red light or stop sign
- Not checking blind spots
Other parties, including the motorcyclist, could be partially or completely at fault for a motorcycle accident. But if you were injured in an accident that was partially or completely caused by another party, you are entitled to compensation.
How Can I Calculate the Value of My Motorcycle Accident Claim?
As a motorcycle accident victim, you are entitled to compensation for any damages you have suffered due to the crash. You may be awarded compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses related to the treatment of your injuries
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity, which is income you will lose in the future due to your injuries
- Mental and physical pain and suffering caused by your injuries
Determining the value of a motorcycle accident claim is not easy for several reasons. First, it is hard to place a value on non-monetary losses, such as physical pain and suffering. Plus, it is also difficult to estimate how much compensation you are entitled to for future expenses and losses. For these reasons, it is best to let an experienced attorney calculate the value of your claim.
How Will Florida’s Helmet Laws Affect My Motorcycle Accident Claim?
If you are over the age of 21, you are not required to wear a motorcycle helmet in Florida. But this decision could impact your injury claim. If you suffer a head or neck injury in a motorcycle accident, the insurance company may argue that you were partially to blame for your injuries since you weren’t wearing a helmet. This won’t necessarily prevent you from recovering compensation—you can still obtain compensation even if you were partially to blame. But the amount of compensation you are awarded could be reduced to account for your percentage of fault.
Our experienced motorcycle injury attorneys know how to protect your rights and prevent insurance companies from attempting to place the blame on you.
What Does A Motorcycle Accident Attorney in New Port Richey Do?
Hiring our New Port Richey personal injury attorneys can increase your chances of reaching the best possible outcome in your case. Here’s how we will help:
- We will investigate the accident by obtaining witness statements, reviewing photos from the scene, working with accident reconstruction experts, and more.
- We will use the evidence we gather during our investigation to clearly establish liability.
- We will aggressively negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company in an effort to secure a settlement that fully compensates you for your damages.
- If it’s not possible to reach a settlement with the insurance company, we will file a personal injury lawsuit and continue fighting for compensation.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve—let our attorneys aggressively pursue every dollar of compensation you are entitled to by law.
Schedule A FreeConsultation With Our Motorcycle Injury Lawyers in New Port Richey
Don’t face the challenge of fighting for compensation alone—turn to the trusted motorcycle accident lawyers at Carlson Meissner Hart &Hayslett for help. We understand how being involved in a motorcycle accident can impact every part of your life. That’s what motivates us to work tirelessly to ensure you are fully compensated for your injuries.
The sooner you contact our attorneys, the sooner you can recover the compensation you need and deserve. To schedule a free consultation regarding your case, callor fill out the form on this website.