St. Pete Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Obtaining Benefits For the Injured
The vast majority of employers in Florida are legally required to obtain workers’ compensation coverage for their employees. This coverage is supposed to compensate workers who have suffered on-the-job injuries and illnesses. But unfortunately, many employers and their insurers hesitate to pay legitimate claims.
Don’t let this happen to you—let the workers’ compensation attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart &Hayslett fight for the benefits you are entitled to by law. Discuss your case with our attorneys today by calling 877-728-9653 to schedule a free consultation.
What Are Common Types of Workplace Injuries?
Some work environments are more dangerous than others, but work-related injuries can occur in any workplace. In the U.S., people sustain a wide range of injuries in the workplace. Some of the most common types of workplace injuries include:
- Sprains and strains
- Cuts, lacerations, and punctures
- Broken bones
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
No worker is immune from suffering a work-related injury. If it happens to you, it’s in your best interest to seek legal representation as soon as possible.
Is My Injury Covered Under St. Pete’s Workers’ Compensation Laws?
It’s important to understand which injuries are and are not covered under Florida’s workers’ compensation laws. Each case is unique, but in general, workers’ compensation benefits are only paid for these injuries:
- Accidental injuries: An accidental injury occurs in an unexpected and sudden workplace accident, such as a slip and fall in a warehouse or trench collapse on a construction site.
- Repetitive motion injuries: This type of injury develops gradually over time as a result of performing the same movements repeatedly.
- Occupational diseases: These are diseases that are directly caused by your work environment or job duties.
All three types of injuries—accidental injuries, repetitive motion injuries, and occupational diseases—are only covered if they arise out of and in the course and scope of employment.
What Types of Workers’ Compensation Benefits Will I Receive For My Injuries?
If you have suffered an injury that is covered by the workers’ compensation system, you may be awarded several types of benefits, including:
- Medical care: Your employer’s workers’ compensation coverage will cover all of the medical expenses you incur while treating your injuries.
- Partial wage replacement: If you have been forced to miss work due to your injuries, you are entitled to benefits that replace a portion of your lost wages.
- Reemployment benefits: These benefits are awarded to workers who are unable to return to their pre-injury job due to their injuries. These benefits help workers find new employment.
The rules regarding the benefits you are entitled to, the amount you will receive, and the length of time that the benefits will continue are complex. To learn more about the value of your claim, speak to our workers’ compensation attorneys now.
When Should I Hire A Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
The attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart &Hayslett represent clients at every stage in the workers’ compensation claim process. If you have been injured, contact our attorneys right away for help with your initial claim. We can protect your rights from the beginning to ensure you are awarded benefits as quickly as possible.
If you submitted the initial claim on your own, you may be notified that the insurance company has decided to deny your claim. If this happens to you, it’s best to contact our attorneys before moving forward with an appeal. The process of appealing a denial is complicated and involves negotiating in mediation, submitting written arguments, and presenting evidence before a judge. You will need an attorney by your side in order to reach the best possible outcome in your case. We have successfully appealed countless workers’ compensation appeals on behalf of our clients, so we know what it takes to win. Let us guide you through this process and aggressively fight for the benefits you and your family need.
Schedule A No-Cost Consultation With Our Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in St. Pete
If you have sustained a work-related injury or illness, turn to the trusted workers’ compensation attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart &Hayslett for help as soon as possible. For decades, our dedicated attorneys have helped injured clients in St. Pete secure the workers’ compensation benefits they deserve. Let us fight to ensure you are fully compensated for your work-related injuries. To schedule a free consultation regarding your case, call 877-728-9653 or fill out the form on this website.