Ryan T. Cox
A native of Florida, Ryan T. Cox graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in criminology before going on to get a master’s degree in criminal justice from UCF and a law degree from UF’s Frederick G. Levin College of law. Following graduation, Ryan represented clients in civil litigation and business transactions before finding his niche defending people against criminal charges.
Now, having returned home after 4 years working in Colorado, Ryan has decided to apply his skills to representing the people of the gulf coast. He joins Carlson Meissner with extensive experience handling all manner of criminal charges, from traffic infractions to first degree murder and everything in between, and has conducted trials at the municipal, state, and federal level. Currently, he is focused on providing the legal research and advocacy necessary to assure that our clients get the best possible resolution when trouble arises.
When not championing for justice, Ryan enjoys spending time with his family, reading about American history, or pursuing his interest in health and nutrition.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar
- Colorado Bar
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Springer & Steinberg, P.A., Denver, Colorado
- Cox & Schick, P.A., Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Aviation Legal Group, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Smith, Hiatt, and Diaz, P.A., Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- JD, University of Florida Frederick G. Levin College of Law, 2005
- M.S. in Criminal Justice, University of Central Florida, 2004
- B.A. in Criminology, University of Florida, 2000