Premier Tampa Bay Law Firm Offers Aggressive Legal Representation for All Your Legal Matters
Providing staunch advocacy and creative legal strategies since 1971
At the law firm of Carlson, Meissner, Hart & Hayslett, P.A., we believe that each client's situation is unique and deserves a thorough investigation and analysis of all potential legal issues. We dedicate our law practice to helping individuals overcome a wide-range of challenges and achieve the best possible outcome. Whether you have been injured in an accident, have been arrested, are seeking assistance with social security or workers' compensation claims, our attorneys are knowledgeable, compassionate and ready to help you and your family.
If you have questions about your legal options, trust our respected Tampa law firm. We have with more than 125 years of combined experience helping clients overcome even the most daunting problems. We have several locations throughout the Tampa Bay area and serve clients in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Bradenton, Spring Hill and New Port Richey.
Contact us online or call us at (877) 728-9653 to schedule a free initial consultation today.
Tampa accident attorneys help injured victims recover the full compensation and benefits they deserve
Personal injury cases are some of the most common legal battles attorneys face on a regular basis. Accidents and injuries that occur due to the fault of another require extensive research, negotiation and litigation. Our attorneys have significant mediation and courtroom experience fighting for our clientís rights and helping them recover compensatory and punitive damages. We accept cases involving:
- Auto accidents – We help injured victims and families recover compensatory and punitive damages from every possible source, including the other driver and insurance companies.
- Motorcycle accidents – Representing motorcycle accident victims who have sustained traumatic brain injuries, amputations, and other serious physical and mental impairments.
- Trucking accidents – Our attorney have experience with truck accidents, including logging hours, mandatory resting periods and commercial truck driver training.
- Medical malpractice – We accept cases involving misdiagnosis and/or treatment of illnesses, improper use of medical equipment, and birth injuries.
- Wrongful death – Our dedicated investigator works hand-in-hand with our attorneys to analyze your case and achieve the compensation you deserve.
- Slip and fall – Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common personal injury accidents that occur and often lead to debilitating injuries. We work to recover damages from property owners that failed to take reasonable measures to prevent injuries due to spilled liquids, cracked or uneven floors or potholes.
- Premises liability – Commercial and residential property owners are required to maintain a safe environment and resolve dangerous or hazardous conditions.
- Boating accidents – Boating accidents occur for a number of reasons including boating under the influence of alcohol or drugs and failing to adhere to posted boating laws.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicycle accidents typically involve multiple parties and require extensive investigation and accident scene reconstruction. We take the time to evaluate each aspect of your case and hold the at-fault party responsible.
- Recreational vehicle injuries – We help those injured in accidents involving all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), jet skis, water skis, and other activities.
- Product liability – Defective, mislabeled, inherently dangerous or misused products lead to many injuries each year. Our in-depth knowledge of personal injury law makes us uniquely qualified to handle your case.
- Pharmaceutical litigation – Prescription drugs are highly regulated and must be prescribed and dispensed correctly to be safe and effective. We help clients recover damages and regain their quality of life.
- Dog and animal bites – We have experience litigating domestic and wild animal cases utilizing a variety of legal theories such as strict liability and negligence.
Tampa criminal defense attorneys protect you and your rights
Being charged with a crime is a stressful and intimidating experience but you don't have to face it alone. With more than a century of combined legal experience, our lawyers are knowledgeable and prepared to defend you against a myriad of criminal issues. And, no case is too big or too small. Common types of criminal cases include
- Sex crimes – Sex crimes cover a variety of offenses including prostitution, rape, child abuse, sexual harassment, and lewd and lascivious conduct.
- Drug crimes – Our veteran criminal defense team has experience at both the state and federal level handling cases involving possession, distribution, trafficking and cultivation.
- Domestic violence – Accusations of domestic violence impact both your personal and professional life. We defend against unlawful injunctions and restraining orders in addition to stalking, assault and battery crimes.
- Violations of probation – When you're on probation, you must follow specific rules ordered by the court such as employment requirements and curfews.
- Criminal traffic violations – Many people mistakenly believe that traffic infractions are merely minor inconveniences. However, ignoring or failing to respond to a traffic violation may lead to significant criminal penalties.
- Arson – Our criminal defense lawyers provide innovative strategies for your arson defense.
- Felonies and misdemeanors – We help clients accused of crimes from minor misdemeanors, such as shoplifting or simple battery, to serious felonies including rape and murder.
- Child abuse – Child abuse cases are inherently emotional and require compassionate yet vigorous legal representation.
- Violent crimes – Many violent crimes involve issues such as self-defense and defense of property claims that must be thoroughly evaluated and proven to reduce potential consequences.
- File expungement and sealing – Criminal records are public documents that can be easily accessed. We help you seal or expunge your record to protect your privacy.
- Miranda right violations – If you are subjected to a custodial interrogation before your Miranda Rights are read to you, your statements are not admissible. Our attorneys thoroughly analyze and investigate your case to ensure that proper procedures were followed.
- Self-defense – The theory of self-defense may apply to your case if you used reasonable force to defend yourself or family member.
- Prostitution – Offering or agreeing to perform a sexual act in exchange for something of value may result in charges of prostitution or solicitation. The law is applied differently depending upon your jurisdiction so it is important to seek advice as soon as possible to understand your options.
- Diversion programs – Allow first-time offenders to avoid significant penalties such as jail time. Diversion programs often consist of community service and education classes.
- DNA evidence – DNA is one of the strongest methods of proving innocence or guilt. Many people have been cleared of all charges through the use of blood, hair or semen evidence.
- Search & seizure – There are specific laws in place to protect you from unlawful law enforcement searches and seizures. We take the time to evaluate each detail of your case and hold law enforcement accountable for their actions.
- Drug or narcotic possession – Drug or narcotic possession charges are some of the most common criminal defense cases we handle.
- Battery – Our criminal defense attorneys provide strong legal counsel when you are facing battery charges.
Turn to Tampa Bay's top DUI attorneys when facing serious DUI charges
Driving under the influence, or DUI, charges can be emotionally, financially and professionally taxing. It is important that you seek legal help as soon as possible to ensure that your case is handled with carefully and expeditiously. Whether you're facing your first DUI charge, have been previously convicted of multiple DUIs or need assistance applying for a hardship reinstatement of your license, our team is here to serve you.
- DUI / DWI – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a common mistake that many people make. Our goal is to help you achieve a favorable solution and move on with your life in the best possible position.
- Multiple DUIs – Multiple DUI arrests and convictions often lead to significant fines and jail time. Our dedicated team of DUI defense attorneys is your best resource for understanding and overcoming your record.
Our SSD attorneys help you navigate the complex and confusing social security disability system
Applying for Social Security Disability can be a frustrating and unsuccessful process if you don't have the resources and support you need to present your claim. Many claims are denied by the Social Security Administration but our experienced disability attorneys have achieved favorable solutions for many clients. Our highly-capable and approachable Tampa SSD attorneys help with:
Dedicated to helping employees get the workers' compensation benefits they deserve when injured on the job
If you've been injured on the job, there are several legal issues that may complicate your case as well as your personal and financial well-being. Our workers' compensation attorneys take the time to thoroughly investigate your situation and help you recover appropriate medical evaluation and care in addition to compensation for lost wages. We work with employers and insurance companies to evaluate your case from all angles. Our workers' compensation focus includes:
- Workplace injuries and compensation – We have experience helping medical professionals, construction workers, and restaurant workers, among others, recover benefits and lost wages due to work-related injuries and disabilities.
- Repetitive stress injuries – Some occupations involve specific tasks or movements that lead to chronic pain and suffering and you may be able to recover medical expenses for your injury.
- On the job injuries – On the job injuries require extensive investigation and each detail of your job duties must be thoroughly examined to ensure you receive full and fair compensation.
- Industrial injuries – In many cases, industrial injuries involve heavy equipment and hazardous chemicals that lead to debilitating wounds or even death.
- Back pain – Chronic back pain affects millions of people both physically and emotionally. Consult one of our reputable attorneys to get the answers you need.
- Filing a Workers' Compensation claim – Many people fail to report workplace injuries for fear of retaliation. There are laws in place to protect you and you have the right to seek fair treatment and compensation. Our workers comp attorneys help you develop a plan that works for you.
Experienced Tampa immigration attorneys make your transition smooth and stress free
United States immigration and citizenship laws are constantly evolving. Our Tampa immigration attorneys work hard to stay abreast of any changes that may impact your case. We thoroughly prepare all petitions and applications in a timely manner to minimize problems. We help you obtain:
- Naturalization and Citizenship
- Green Cards and Immigration Visas
- Family Visas
- Fiancée Visas
- Tourist Visas
- Student Visas
- Exchange Visitor Visas
Click here to download LAWCAST our informative Podcasts on iTunes.
Carlson, Meissner, Hart & Hayslett is honored to have been named one of 2012 Florida's Top Ranked Law Firms based on AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell Lawyers Ratings, pursuant to the Wall Street Journal.