Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Our Lawyers Handle Medical Malpractice Cases throughout the Tampa Bay area
Studies by hospitals and major universities show that medical malpractice may occur 10 times more often than medical malpractice claims may indicate. It is very difficult for a patient or relative to determine if an injury, illness, or death is a result of medical malpractice. When medical treatment results in serious injury or worsening health without explanation, you should seek the advice of a medical malpractice attorney for a full and thorough evaluation of your claim. For more than three decades, the Tampa medical malpractice attorneys at Carlson, Meissner, Hart & Hayslett have been vigorous advocates for people who have been injured by medical mistakes.
Our experienced medical malpractice attorneys know how to navigate the complexities of these often-difficult cases. We have the knowledge and resources to:
- Thoroughly investigate medical malpractice claims
- Investigation – Our office employs its own dedicated and experienced investigator who, in conjunction with our experienced attorneys, coordinates and provides prompt, economical and thorough investigative services
- Determine the appropriate standard of care and whether it was breached by a doctor, hospital or
other medical provider
- Retain qualified professionals to testify
- Obtain and conduct detailed reviews of medical records, hospital protocols, documents concerning the doctor’s credentials, and other relevant documents
Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor, nurse, hospital, pharmacist, therapist or other health care provider breaches or fails to meet a reasonable standard of care for treatment owed to the patient.
Claims may arise from:
- Failure to properly diagnose a disease or illness
- Birth Injuries
- Cancer misdiagnosis
- Surgical errors including
wrong sitesurgery or anesthesia errors
- Emergency room errors
- Failure to properly monitor patients
- Failure to Properly Diagnose an Illness or Disease
- Obstetrical and birth errors including errors during delivery and anesthesia errors
- Failure to fully inform the patient of the risks of certain procedures and surgeries
- Failure to order necessary tests
- Misuse of prescription drugs
- Improper use of medical equipment or implants.
Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers recognize the characteristics of common types of legitimate medical malpractice claims. We can access the experience of a network of highly qualified professionals to conduct medical reviews and determine if a viable claim exists. If you or a family member suspects medical malpractice, it is important to act quickly as there are strict time limits for filing medical malpractice claims.
Call us at (877) 728-9653 or schedule a free initial consultation.
Se Habla Español.