Clearwater Premises Liability Lawyers Helping Victims Recover Compensation
Every property owner has a legal obligation to keep their visitors safe. To fulfill this legal obligation, property owners must ensure there are no hazardous conditions on their properties that could harm their visitors. If a property owner fails to fulfill this legal obligation, they could be held liable for their visitors’ injuries.
If you’ve been injured on a public or private property in Clearwater, it’s in your best interest to seek legal representation from the skilled premises liability attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett. With over 125 years of combined legal experience, our lawyers have what it takes to maximize your compensation. Call 727-443-1562 now to schedule a free consultation with our team.
What Are Examples of Premises Liability Cases?
A premises liability case can arise after an accident on any type of public or private property, including private residences, hotels, shopping malls, grocery stores, amusement parks, and more. There are countless different types of premises liability cases, but many cases involve:
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents
- Inadequate or negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Elevator, escalator, and staircase accidents
- Exposure to hazardous substances
If you’ve been injured due to a hazardous condition on a property, you may be entitled to compensation. Discuss your legal options with our experienced premises liability lawyers today.
How Can I Prove Fault In A Premises Liability Claim?
The key to winning a premises liability claim is proving fault. To hold a property owner liable for your injuries, you must be able to prove:
- There was a dangerous hazard on the property.
- The defendant created, knew about, or should have known about the dangerous hazard on the property.
- The defendant did not take action to fix the hazard or warn visitors of its presence.
- You were injured as a result of the hazardous condition.
- You suffered damages due to your injuries.
The outcome of most premises liability cases will depend on whether or not the plaintiff is able to prove that the defendant created, knew about, or should have known about the hazard. Proving this element is difficult, which is why you should turn to an experienced premises liability attorney for help.
How Much Time Do I Have to File A Premises Liability Lawsuit?
The statute of limitations for premises liability cases in Florida is four years. If you have been injured on another party’s property, this means the law gives you four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you file a lawsuit after the four-year deadline has passed, the court will most likely dismiss it. That’s why it’s so important to take action as soon as possible so you can protect your right to compensation.
Why Do I Need to Hire A Premises Liability Lawyer in Clearwater?
Premises liability claims are among the most complex personal injury cases. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that you hire an experienced premises liability lawyer to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our premises liability attorneys will handle every aspect of your legal claim, including:
- Interviewing witnesses
- Obtaining surveillance footage and accident reports
- Analyzing photographs and other pieces of evidence from the scene of the accident
- Working with expert witnesses to reconstruct the accident and strengthen your case
- Using the evidence gathered during our investigation to build a case that establishes liability
- Evaluating your medical records and other documentation to determine the short-term and long-term expenses and losses you will experience as a result of your injuries
- Negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company to reach a settlement
- Presenting your case in court if the insurance company is not willing to reach a settlement that fully compensates you for your injuries
Let us stand in your corner and aggressively fight to obtain the compensation you deserve for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Set Up A Free Case Evaluation With Our Premises Liability Law Firm in Clearwater
Every minute matters in a premises liability case. If you’ve been injured as a result of a hazard on someone else’s property, speak to our premises liability attorneys right away. The team of attorneys at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett have used their resources, experience, and skills to win over $115 million in compensation for the injured. Now, let us help you recover as much compensation as possible for your injuries. To schedule a free consultation regarding your case, call 727-443-1562 or fill out the form on this website.