Betty Marion Whitman, Esq.
4245 Rachel Boulevard
Spring Hill, Florida 34607
Phone: (877) 728-9653 (Toll Free)
Fax: (727) 449-0258
Betty Marion Whitman resides in Weeki Wachee, Florida with her husband. She began practicing law in Marion County since 1987.
Betty started her legal career as a secretary to her father, a general practitioner in Melbourne, Florida. She continued to work as a legal secretary in various cities in Florida and briefly in New York City. She obtained her A.A. degree from Brevard Community College, then went on to the University of Central Florida to obtain her B.A. degree, and then to Law School at the University of Florida. Betty has achieved an “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale & Hubbell, which is a significant accomplishment and a testament to the fact that her peers rate her at the highest level of achievement. She was also Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation (2000-2015). She has spoken at numerous seminars and educational programs on practice and procedure, and topical issues, involving workers’ compensation, employment law, and liability law.
- The Florida Bar 1987
- U.S. District Court Middle, District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- State of Texas (inactive)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Marion County Chapter, (past President)
- Marion County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Board Certified – Workers’ Compensation (2000 – 2015)
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor, State of Florida
- Top 100: 2018 Civil Plaintiff Attorneys, National Trial Lawyers
- -Named Florida “Super Lawyer” (2010)
- “AV Preeminent” Rated by Martindale – Hubbell
- “Boss of the Year” by the Marion County Legal Support Association (2012)
- The Marion Law Firm, LLC, Ocala, Florida (Partner)
- Kubicki Draper Law Firm (Shareholder)
- SERVICE ANIMALS? WHAT’S A PROPRIETOR TO DO?, Kubicki Draper Quarterly, Fall, 2013
- “Workers’ Compensation and Workplace Safety: Batten Down the Hatches”, HR Martin County, 2014
- “Veterinary Negligence” (Zurich NA Insurance) – 2013
- “Ethics for the Claims Professional” (Zurich NA Insurance) – 2013
- “Alcohol, Cell Phones & the Law”, (Kubicki Draper Claims Conference) – 2012
- “Ethical Practice in the Real World” (Florida Association of Legal Support Specialist) – 2012
- “Workers’ Compensation: Trends & Hot Topics in Fighting Insurance Fraud” (Florida Insurance Fraud Educational Conference) – 2012
- “Preventing Pre-Purchase Examination Claims and the Legal Realities” and “Specific Claims Reviews and Actual Cases” (Florida Association of Equine Practitioners) – 2012
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (J.D., 1986)
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL (B.A., with honors, 1984)
Our Team is Your Team
You’re more than a client to us. Our accomplished team of defense attorneys provides superior legal representation while putting your interests first.
Edward D. Carlson, Esq.
Paul A. Meissner, Jr., Esq.
Casey K. Carlson, Esq.
J. Kevin Hayslett, Esq.
Deborah S. Moss, Esq.
Terri F. Cromley, Esq.
Jennifer A. Burns, Esq.
Rick Rivera, Esq.
Antonio L. Viera, Esq.
Sarah Barkley Raaymakers, Esq.
Betty Marion Whitman, Esq.
Matthew B. Wheeley, Esq.
Daviana M. Garcia, Esq.
Christopher G. Frey, Esq.