Betty Marion Whitman, Esq.
4245 Rachel Boulevard
Spring Hill, Florida 34607
Phone: (877) 728-9653
Fax: (727) 449-0258
Position | Areas of Practice |
Professional Associations and Memberships |
Honors and Awards |
Past Employment |
Pro Bono Activities |
Biography: Betty Marion Whitman resides in Weeki Wachee, Florida with her husband. They enjoy the great outdoors and are active in the community. Betty serves on the Board of Directors of the Florida Agriculture and Wildlife Expo, which celebrates our agricultural and wildlife heritage, culture and community, and is a member of the Weeki Wachee Crime Watch. Betty has been practicing law in Marion County since 1987.
Betty started her legal career as a secretary to her father, a general practitioner in Melbourne, Florida. She continued to work as a legal secretary in various cities in Florida and briefly in New York City. She obtained her A.A. degree from Brevard Community College, then went on to the University of Central Florida to obtain her B.A. degree, and then to Law School at the University of Florida. Betty has achieved an "AV Preeminent" rating by Martindale & Hubbell, which is a significant accomplishment and a testament to the fact that her peers rate her at the highest level of achievement. She was also Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation (2000-2015). She has spoken at numerous seminars and educational programs on practice and procedure, and topical issues, involving workers’ compensation, employment law and liability law.
Position: Betty is the lead attorney for Social Security, personal injury and workers’ compensation in our Spring Hill Office.
Areas of Practice:
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (J.D., 1986)
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL (B.A., with honors, 1984)
Honors and Awards:
- -Named Florida "Super Lawyer" (2010)
- "AV Preeminent" Rated by Martindale - Hubbell
- "Boss of the Year" by the Marion County Legal Support Association (2012)
- The Marion Law Firm, LLC, Ocala, Florida (Partner)
- Kubicki Draper Law Firm (Shareholder)
Pro Bono Activities:
- Volunteer Mid-Florida Legal Services
- SERVICE ANIMALS? WHAT’S A PROPRIETOR TO DO?, Kubicki Draper Quarterly, Fall, 2013
- "Workers' Compensation and Workplace Safety: Batten Down the Hatches", HR Martin County, 2014
- "Veterinary Negligence" (Zurich NA Insurance) - 2013
- "Ethics for the Claims Professional" (Zurich NA Insurance) - 2013
- "Alcohol, Cell Phones & the Law", (Kubicki Draper Claims Conference) - 2012
- "Ethical Practice in the Real World" (Florida Association of Legal Support Specialist) - 2012
- "Workers’ Compensation: Trends & Hot Topics in Fighting Insurance Fraud" (Florida Insurance Fraud Educational Conference) - 2012
- "Preventing Pre-Purchase Examination Claims and the Legal Realities" and "Specific Claims Reviews and Actual Cases" (Florida Association of Equine Practitioners) - 2012