At the Tampa Bay law firm of Carlson, Meissner, Hart & Hayslett, P.A., we have a knowledgeable legal team dedicated to clients just like you who are applying for, and have been denied, Social Security Disability and Social Security income benefits. If you need help securing benefits, we have a Social Security attorney who can help you and your family obtain the benefits you need.
How do you get Social Security Disability benefits in Florida?
There are two different ways to get Florida Social Security Disability from the Government. One is Social Security, while the other is Supplemental Security Income.
- Social Security Disability is for people who are properly insured, meaning you’ve worked long enough and paid enough Social Security Taxes.
- Supplemental Security Income is for people who aren’t insured under the Government’s guidelines and pays benefits based on financial needs.
The term “Disability” by Social Security standards is your inability to work. According to “Social Security Online” you are disabled under Florida Social Security Disability rules if:
- You cannot do the same work that you did before.
- The Government decides that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s)
- Your disability has lasted, or is expected to last, for at least one year, or result in death.
The majority of SSD and SSI claims are initially denied
Unfortunately, the realty of Social Security Disability is that the majority of claims are initially denied. In fact, more than 60% of SSD and SSI claims are denied upon filing. This is normal and part of the system of checks and balances the government has established to ensure that each claim is legitimate. Don't try to weather the storm alone, trust an experienced Social Security attorney at Carlson, Meissner, Hart & Hayslett, P.A. We have more than 125 years of combined experience and skill on your side. 5 Tampa Bay office locations to serve you, including Clearwater, Tampa, Bradenton, New Port Richey and SpringHill.
Trust an experienced Social Security attorney to help you recive the benefits you need. Contact us today at 877-728-9653 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation