Search (877) 728-9653


Schedule A Free Consultation
Complete The Form Below
An Attorney Will Contact You Within 24hrs

First Name: *
Last Name: *
Phone: *
Email: *
Questions/ Comments: *

Tampa Paternity Attorney

What can you do in the event you have a child, you are not married, and you and your co-parent cannot agree on issues of child support and time-sharing?   Chapter 742, Florida Statues provides an answer.

It sets forth the procedure by which any woman who is pregnant or has a child, any man who has reason to believe that he is the father of a child, or any child may bring an action in the Circuit Court of this state to determine paternity of the child when paternity has not been otherwise lawfully established. In such an action, the Court shall determine the issues of paternity of the child and the ability of the parents to support the child. 

If appropriate, the Court shall also order the father to pay the mother’s hospital or medical expenses, costs of confinement, and any other expenses incident to the birth of the child.  The Court shall further order either or both parents owing a duty of support to the child to pay support pursuant to Section 61.30, Florida Statutes, and may make a determination of an appropriate Parenting Plan and time-sharing schedule.

Finally, the Court may, after considering the financial resources of the both parties, order a party to pay the reasonable amount for attorney’s fees, suit money, and court costs to the other party of maintaining or defending the paternity action. 

For more information on Florida paternity laws, contact a qualified Tampa paternity attorney today.