Experienced DUI Lawyers In Tampa Bay
The penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) in Florida are severe and a DUI charge can have serious and wide-ranging consequences. If you have been arrested for a DUI, you are not alone. The Tampa DUI lawyers at Carlson, Meissner, Hart & Hayslett work to protect your rights and make sure you are treated fairly. Our goal is to do everything possible to preserve your rights, keep your record clean, and prevent you from losing your freedom and your license to drive.
Our DUI defense teams located in Tampa, Clearwater, Bradenton, New Port Richey, and Spring Hill have the skills and experience to defend client in all DUI-related matters, including:
- First time offenders
- Multiple offenders
- Accidents and crashes
- Serious bodily injury
- DUI manslaughter
- Blood draws
- Urine screens
- Prescription drugs
- DMV hearings
- Hardship hearings
If you are arrested for DUI, it is important to move quickly. Remember that your arrest includes a cancellation of your driving privileges and your DUI citation acts as your temporary driving permit for only 10 days following your arrest. If you do not request a DMV hearing within 10 calendar days (including weekends) following your arrest, you forfeit your ability to challenge any DMV administrative suspension. We will help you assure the possibility of maintaining your right to drive by applying for a Division of Motor Vehicles hearing within 10 days of your arrest.
Our office employs its own dedicated and experienced investigator who, in conjunction with our experienced DUI attorneys, coordinates and provides prompt, economical and thorough investigative services.
- The legality of the stop
- If a field sobriety test was properly administered
- If the breathalyzer was properly maintained and calibrated
- Other issues that could be critical to relevant to the defense
We have our own Intoxilyzer 5000 on site that allows us to demonstrate at trial how the tests are administered and how the machines must be maintained in order to provide accurate blood alcohol readings. You may be asking yourself many of the following questions:
- Should I pay the other traffic ticket that I got with my DUI ticket?
- What if I live out of state? Must I stay in Florida, or do I need to come back to Florida for a court appearance?
- What about my insurance rates?
- If a video of my field sobriety test was made, how will it be used?
- What does the breathalyzer test prove?
- Should I have taken the breath test or refused it?
- What if I damaged property or injured someone, or both?
- Could the DUI affect my job?
- May I drive now?
- Can I get Hardship license?
- How long will this case take?
- How much will it cost?
- What if I have a previous DUI?
- Could I go to jail?
Contact us to Schedule a FREE Consultation or call us at: (877) 831-2297 today!