Paul A. Meissner, Jr.
Member AV Rated
250 N. Belcher Rd.
Clearwater, Florida 33765-2622
Phone: (877) 728-9653 (Toll Free)
Position | Areas of Practice | Certifications / Specialties | Professional Associations and Memberships | Education | Classes / Seminars Taught | Past Employment | LinkedIn Profile
Biography: Paul A. Meissner was born in New York and moved to Florida with his family as a child. He is a graduate of Clearwater High School. He co-founded the Carlson & Meissner law firm with Edward Carlson in 1971. Paul and his wife Jayne have five children & thirteen grandchildren. They enjoy boating and traveling, especially on Paul's Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Paul Meissner has written The Florida Law Enforcement Manual.
To purchase The Florida Law Enforcement Manual on Amazon, click here. Or on Google books, click here. To purchase Volume 2 of The Florida Law Enforcement Manual, Constitutional Law for Police Search & Seizure Laws of Arrest, click here.
Position: Paul A. Meissner is a co-founder of Carlson, Meissner, Hart & Hayslett P.A. He co-founded the firm in 1971.
Areas of Practice:
Certification / Specialties:
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Bar Board Certified, Criminal Law (1990 to present)
- Admitted to practice in Colorado, 1996
- Admitted to practice in Florida, 1968
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1972
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- Clearwater Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Former Member, Barney Masterson Inns of Court
- Past member Judicial Nominating Commission, Pinellas-Pasco Counties
- Past member/chairman State Circuit Bar Grievance Committee
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1966
- B.A., University of South Florida, 1963
Classes / Seminars Taught:
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Stetson College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1972–2002
- Instructor, Criminal Justice Institute, St. Petersburg College, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1988–2003
- Instructor, Southeastern Public Safety Institute, St. Petersburg College, 1990–2000
- Former Special Agent, FBI
- Former Assistant State Attorney, 6th Circuit Florida
- Former Adjunct Professor, Stetson College of Law
- Former Certified Law Enforcement Instructor, SE Public Safety Institute, St. Petersburg, FL